1. As far as possible adopt competitive tendering systems through Open tenders.
2. Ensure that approval of competent authority has been taken for quantity and mode of tender.
3. Even if the lowest offer is accepted still ensure that the rate accepted is reasonable.
4. Be vigilant while having to decide on offers with small difference on all inclusive prices.
5. Be vigilant about increase / decrease in prices, revision of taxes and duties while granting extension to delivery dates.
6. Do maintain sanctity of tendering and tender evaluation.
7. Do indicate the delivery schedule required clearly while forwarding the indent to help the procurement agency.
8. Avoid delay in finalising tenders cases.
9. Do properly assess and evaluate bids particularly special conditions offered by the tenderer.
10. Ensure that the recommendation of all the members are included in TC minutes and there should not be any separate dissent note.
1. Do not buy rate contract and running contracts items outside these contracts, except for special reasons to be recorded in writing.
2. Do not accept offers with corrections un-attested by the tender opening committee members.
3. Do not accept unsolicited offers without valid reasons, to be recorded in writing.
4. Do not accept a higher offer without recording convincing reasons for passing over the cheaper offers.
5. Do not extend delivery period for items whose market rates are falling without examining financial implications.
6. Do not issue performance certificate to the supplier without competent authority's approval.
1. Ensure that reserve price is correctly fixed for each lot without fail before auction.
2. Ensure that Lot inspection of the lots before inclusion in the auction is properly done.
3. Adequate care has to be taken while effecting installment deliveries to ensure that the purchaser pays all dues before taking delivery.
1. Do not allow fresh arisings to get mixed-up with lots already surveyed and ready for sale.
SENDING SCRAP TO STORES
Ensure competent authority's approval is obtained to condemn and sending the material to stores depots.
Ensure proper assessment of quantity to avoid abnormal shortages or savings at the time of delivery,
3. Avoid alterations / over writings / scorings on DS-8s.
Insist for acceptance of NS-11 by Depot officers.
Check for the quantities despatched and acknowledged by Depot officers.
Ensure that scrap is returned to Stores in segregated condition.
ACCOUNTAL OF RECEIPTS OF SCRAP
Check the material for quality & quantity received along with NS-11.
Try to indicate the location of dumping of received material in the receipt register.
Ensure that purchaser does not carry fresh receipts while taking delivery.
Ensure proper inventory is taken for the lines whenever proposed for disposal as is where is basis.
Do not allow fresh arisings to get mixed up with lots already surveyed and ready for sale.