• Do prepare the tender schedule and unit rates with utmost care
• Control the material issues commensurate with progress of work
• Do ensure a complete reconciliation of all Railway Supplied Material
• Ensure proper handing over/ taking over with handing over notes at the time of change of supervisor/ OSs
• Do ensure timely and prompt processing of bills for payment to the contractor
• Do ensure for highly technical jobs that the contractors have enough and capable technical experts adequate infrastructure.
• Do ensure good workmanship at the time of supervision
• Do maintain a proper record of all the released material
• Do not forget to put a date under your signature. Absence of date may give rise to doubt.
• Do not makes/brands in work schedule or indent which are not equivalent cost wise or quality wise
• Do not deliberately split the works to bring them within the ambit of quotation work
• Do not prepare any inflated rate analysis to justify high rates ignoring the prevailing market rates
• Do not misuse departmental labour/transport for the work being done by the contractor
• Do not accept the material of other brand/ make/ Model/Specification that are not as per work order/ Purchase Order
• Do not leave any letter of contractor un-replied duly repudiating the allegation
• Do not pass the contractor’s/supplier’s bill without ensuring proper invoice to ensure the genuinity of the material
Check relevant provisions of Schedule of Power before initiating procurements.
Retail/Local purchases of medicines should be an exception and not a norm.
Do insist on scrutiny of the referred hospital bills before the same are processed for payment. This will provide you an opportunity to put a check on any exaggerated claims/bills.
Ensure maintenance of stock registers for medicines, consumables etc. and make periodical checks for the same.
Ensure exact item & quantity of supply of dietary item as per the contract.
Follow rigidity the procedure regarding issue of sick /fit certificate and in case of a departure give specific reasons.
Ensure staggered delivery of medicines at regular intervals in case of bulk purchase.
In case of bulk purchase ensure staggered delivery of medicines at regular intervals.
Ensure faster disposal expiry medicine.
Avoid excess procurement of medicines. Overstocking is wastage.
Avoid procurement of medicines with short expiry dates.
Avoid local purchases at exorbitant rates on grounds of emergency.
Don’t delay reimbursement cases as delay breeds corruption.
Do not issue medical pass in routine manners.